Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY Facial

Taking great care of your skin is essential to having that every day glow and also very important to keep it looking young.  There are four components to great skin including a healthy moisture barrier, consistent cell turnover, strong support structure, and balance of surface oil and water.   

Facials are a great way to stimulate cell turnover and rid the skin of any excess dead skin cells, pollution and excess oil.  Although very beneficial facials can be very expensive so I thought I would share my version of a DIY facial. 

What you will need:
*Cleanser
*Exfoliator
*Pot
*Wash Cloth
*Mask
*moisturizer and treatment products for your skin type.

Steps:
I usually cleanse and exfoliate in the shower, you can use any products you have on hand.  Below I will post what I used, but remember everyones skin is different and these are just products that work for me and my skin type.  

Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam

Kate Summerville Exfolikate

While in the shower I have pot on low heat on the stove with a washcloth and water in it and once I am out of the shower I use that to steam my face and open my pores before putting on my mask.  Be careful that the washcloth is not too hot before placing it on your face.  

After lying with the washcloth on my face for a couple minutes or until it starts to cool I apply my face mask, one of my favorites is to mix 1 tsp of indian healing clay with 1 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar.  

Leave the mask on for 10-20 minutes and then rinse off with a warm washcloth and dry your face.  
Afterwards apply your favorite treatment products and moisturizer.

Then relax and enjoy your healthy and radiant skin :) 







   

No comments:

Post a Comment